The Old Guild Hall, Peterborough Dated 1671 built in the reign of Charles II. Built by John Lovin, who restored the Bishop's Palace after the Interregnum. It has also been known as the “Butter Cross” or “Market cross” and stands in Cathedral Square. Below the single storey room the Butter Market was held until 1926,and the upper room has been used as a School Room, Magistrates Court and Gaol. It was Restored 1929.
Week days open:
Week days close:
The Guild Hall. The Guild Hall is often used during the year for events sometimes Jazz bands on a Saturday who play to the Saturday shoppers. Also as a Back drop for a military home coming for our brave troops based around the area.
1 - 6