Attractions

Contact us

Main Menu

Portal

St Mary's Church Peterborough

Description

Gallery

The Parish of St Mary’s to the East of Peterborough was created by Order-in-Council on 1 September 1857. It was the largest parish in Peterborough and comprised of Eastfield, Boongate and Newark (an outlying village then) to the East of Paeterborough (now with a population of approximately 15,000).

Week days open:

Week days close:

 

Weekends open:

Weekends close:

 

Entrance fee:

 

Children:

Adults:

Families:

 

Coffee shop

Restaurant:

Toilets:

Parking:

Yes

No

 

Yes

No

 

No

 

Yes

Yes

Yes

 

No

No

Yes

Yes

A Victorian Church was commissioned and it was to serve as a “poor church” for the Parish and hence the foundation stone laid on 30 September 1859. The architect was Ewan Christian. The Church was built of relatively cheap local stone and consisted of a nave and south aisle.

 

Information

 

Videos

 

Description

 

Location

 

Reviews

 

Photos

Location

 

Main Menu

Reviews

Videos

Copyright 2016 - pboro.co.uk

template and design by pboroguys